- About Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
- Data Virtuality solutions for Oracle ADWC
- How to move data into Oracle ADWC using DataVirtuality Pipes
- How to use Oracle ADWC in a logical data warehouse set-up (DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse)
- Cloud based Analytics - the solution of the future
On March, 27th 2018, Larry Ellison announced the general availability of Oracle’s fully autonomous database service, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud (ADWC).
Data Virtuality has been partnering closely with Oracle to ensure that you can start using the revolutionary new cloud service right away. With the DataVirtuality platform, data from over 150 databases, APIs and flat files can be moved into Oracle ADWC with only a few clicks or SQL commands. But before we dive into the details, let’s first explore what makes the new Oracle cloud service so revolutionary.
About Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
ADWC is a state-of-the-art cloud data warehouse service built on Oracle’s Exadata Technology, designed to process multi-billion-row data sets. This service leverages machine learning algorithms to reduce complexity as well as human errors and thereby increase reliability, security and efficiency.
Below are five key features of ADWC that enable the benefits stated above:
- Easy set up with only a few clicks
- Resources can be scaled up and also down without any downtime
- Storage and compute resources can be scaled independently from each other
- Oracle SQL which is compatible with all business analytics tools that support Oracle Database
- Built-in Web-based Data Analysis: web-based notebook tool for designing and sharing SQL-based, data-driven, interactive documents
Additionally, we could identify three main differentiators compared the current market solutions:
- The fully managed and elastic cloud data warehouse with automated tuning and patching substantially reduces administrative efforts
- Higher query performance i.e. 5.75 to 15.5x higher than market standards
- Oracle guarantees >50% lower cost
Data Virtuality solutions for Oracle ADWC
The first step to unleash the power of Oracle ADWC is to load data into the cloud service. And we, at Data Virtuality support ADWC with the solutions Pipes and Logical Data Warehouse in two data infrastructure scenarios:
1. DataVirtuality Pipes for data movement with ADWC as the target storage in a near real-time data warehouse architecture
2. DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse as the semantic data layer for data modeling with SQL where ADWC is the repository in a real-time logical data warehouse architecture
But more importantly, how do these solutions look like in action? Let’s take a closer look.
How to move data into Oracle ADWC using Data Virtuality Pipes
With DataVirtuality Pipes, you can quickly and reliably move data from >50 databases and APIs into ADWC. The great benefit of using this solution with your Oracle ADWC is the simplicity that is enabled by the following capabilities of DataVirtuality Pipes:
- Intuitive visual cloud-based integration
- Support for integration of various data sources (cloud-based SaaS as well as databases)
- Convenience to move terabytes of data into ADWC
- Benefit from the performance and sophistication of Oracle database for your data analysis
A wizard walks you through each step so your set-up is pretty simple and it only takes a few minutes.
In the following video, we show you how DataVirtuality Pipes works for the concrete example: movement of data from Amazon Redshift to Oracle ADWC. Watch the demo to experience the simplicity and speed of set-up in action.
As you could see, you are basically only four easy steps away to unleash the full power of your data in Oracle ADWC:
1. Step: Set up Oracle ADWC as the target storage for your data.
2. Step: Add your data source by selecting Amazon Redshift and fill in the credentials.
3. Step: Go back to the dashboard and follow with the last step, to create a Pipe to integrate the data. Choose from Amazon Redshift the data that you’d like to move.
...and check the preview. Do you see all the data that you were expecting?
4. Step: Now you’re done moving your data from Redshift to Oracle ADWC with DataVirtuality Pipes and can review the moved data in Oracle SQL Developer.
How to use Oracle ADWC in a logical data warehouse set-up (Data Virtuality Logical Data Warehouse)
In DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse you can integrate even from >150 databases, APIs and flat files into Oracle ADWC.
DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse is a next generation solution that enables agile data infrastructure with high performance. By combining data virtualization and next generation ETL (Extract-Transform-Load), this solution creates an entirely new way of integrating your data into your system. Furthermore, this combination will help you to substantially reduce your data integration efforts by 80%. And all this with SQL only.
What does this mean for the use with Oracle ADWC? Oracle ADWC and DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse combine high-performance data warehousing which is enabled by the flexibility of the semantic data layer.
Watch the short demo to get a first glimpse into DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse:
In DataVirtuality Logical Data Warehouse, you can easily query all your data sources with SQL and save data in Oracle ADWC.
Cloud based Analytics - the solution for the future
Oracle’s move into the cloud by launching ADWC is a great step which signals that cloud based analytics will determine the future of big data. This is a game changer for the whole market.
At Data Virtuality, we are happy that we partner with Oracle to pave the ways. And moreover, that we can support companies to move into this direction more quickly and easily with our data integration platform.
It’s going to be interesting so stay tuned for more!