Swanson Health Products used data virtualization and materialization to drive self-service initiatives which drastically reduced time-to-insights.
Swanson Health Products is a leading brand in the USA providing affordable, high-quality vitamins and supplements directly to consumers since 1969. They innovate science-backed vitamins and supplements, healthy home, pantry and self-care products, delivering wellness solutions for mind, body & home. The products are sold directly to consumers through mail-order catalogs and e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and Walmart.
- Data access was often times restricted due to lack of technology
- Wasn’t able to manage the flow of data which increased data latency
- Regularly, data was outdated when received by data consumers because data couldn’t be retrieved quickly enough
- Centralized the data using data virtualization and implemented materialization on several of the views
- Establish connections to every available database, web service, and flat files
- Transformed the data and prepared it for deployment to the master data mart
- Access to the data can be granted to users all over the organization driving self-service initiatives
- Data Management team can work more efficiently and effectively
- Analysts can deliver insights in time to the decision makers