Perfect work-life balance for Digital Nomads (but not only)
WE WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR NEW TEAM!
Working at Data Virtuality means being part of an international team and thriving. What we offer is remote work from your home, wherever it is. Further, you can expect an unlimited long-term freelance contract with full-time work, benefits, and genuine team spirit.
At Data Virtuality, you will experience respectful interactions, harmonious teamwork, without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
Full-time. Freelance. Remote. m/f/d
As a QA Engineer in our Connector Development team, you will look at all issues from the customers’ perspective. You are responsible for testing Data Virtuality connectors (SQL code, based on REST/SOAP API interaction, JDBC connectivity, file-based parsing, and more), validating the data, and matching actual/expected data. Together with our developers, you are responsible for documenting the connector operation and recording the test workflows. By developing tests to automate the repeated work processes, identifying, and eliminating repeated cycles, you will increase the efficiency of day-to-day work.
Based on this, we expect you will influence the quality of our Connector development, which is essential to offer even better functionalities to existing customers and attract new ones. Your contribution will ensure that our product makes an excellent qualitative impression and radiates high-class value.
Data Virtuality provides and lives a remote working culture. However, you can solve problems independently and step outside the boundaries of job requirements. You will strengthen our team spirit with your excellent communication skills, even though your teammates are thousands of miles apart.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with advanced SQL and understanding of the underlying database engine processes (Certification with major DBMS vendors is a plus)
- Fluent in English is a must
- Hands-on experience in Java SE 11+ development for test automation
- Experience with JUnit 4/5 and Database testing
- Consuming and testing REST/SOAP web services, understanding REST API operation. Using at least one of the following: Postman, Insomnia, Soap UI, or similar tools.
- Handling of XML, JSON, CSV
- Basic understanding of XPath syntax
- Experience with Git and Maven
- Analytical thinking and a pragmatic development approach
- Experience in testing ELT/ETL/DWH solutions would be a huge advantage
- Experience with CI/CD process (Jenkins)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in creating regular expressions
Our Core Values
Your opinions are valued and listened to. We believe we can all learn from each other; therefore, making a mistake is only part of the growth path.
You should have the freedom to choose how you work. We enable you to perform your everyday work self-determined and autonomously.
Trust in our employees is our top priority and is indispensable in our organizational structure as we do not believe in micromanagement.
Data Virtuality is loyal to its emData Virtuality is loyal to its employees and always open to listening to them. At Data Virtuality, we respect every employee regardless of origin, religious beliefs, gender, position, and opinion.
What our amazing team worldwide loves about working with Data Virtuality
- A stable and reliable job with the freedom and flexibility of a freelancer
- Flexible working hours + additional perks
- Fast and dependable monthly payment – in EUR, USD, or Crypto, as you prefer
- Contributing to the success of a growing company
- Developing a groundbreaking data technology and working with cutting-edge technologies
- Knowledgeable and approachable C-Level
- Continuity and growth potential
- Friendly and international colleagues
- Full integration into our teams and invitation for our team events worldwide
Data Virtuality in a Sec
Leading various large scale data integration projects at a global media company, our founder Dr. Nick Golovin experienced that it isn’t enough to rely on just one data integration approach to meet the ever-changing business needs. That’s why the Data Virtuality Platform uniquely combines data virtualization and ETL, to provide data professionals with a data integration tool that allows to always choose the right method for the specific requirement. Data Virtuality’s flexible data integration approach is the reliable enabler and accelerator for modern data architectures, like data fabric, data mesh, unified data platform and hybrid-/multi-cloud environments.
Tina, HR Business Partner at Data Virtuality