freelance, remote, full-time, long-term
Diversified, Challenging, Never Boring!
Coding Expert – You push on the further development of our Data Virtuality Platform core. You use your creative power on the conception, development and integration of new components and applications to our products.
Problem Solver – Your mission is also to keep an eye on our existing products: You analyze and improve our components and fix bugs.
Team Player – Working remotely: You are independent and reliable and stay in constant touch with the Data Virtuality Team. You keep exchanging ideas with your colleagues and help the team to develop the best performance
Smart, Coding-Talented, SQL Native!
…what you should bring from your professional side.
- strong experience (5+ years) in J2EE-development with focus on WildFly, JBoss, Tomcat or a similar application server
- strong experience (5+ years) in database design, complex SQL queries
- in-depth knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, EJB, Servlet, JDBC, JPA) and Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- working knowledge of Hibernate
- keen understanding of the internal operation principles of an RDBMS and knowledge of Data Warehousing
- in-depth knowledge of modern architectural concepts, design patterns and agile software development (Scrum, Kanban)
- practical knowledge of standard technologies for development, assembly (Maven) and versioning (SVN, Git)
Innovative, Ambitious, International!
…what you should bring from your personal side.
- fluent spoken and written English is a must-have criterion
- analytical thinking, pragmatic development approach with hands-on mentality
- being a team-player, but also being able to solve problems independently
- understanding the requirements from customer view
- generally very good communication behavior – on both customer and colleague side
This might be your new team!
Working at Data Virtuality means being part of an international team and thriving together. Not until next month. Not until the project is done but as long as you like. What we want to offer you is employment at your home desk wherever it is, an unlimited contract, full-time work, benefits, and real team spirit.
What our amazing team of freelancers worldwide loves about working with Data Virtuality:
- Reliable fulltime work
- Stable partnership for years (on average, our freelancers are working with us for more than 4 years and still counting)
- Flexibility to decide where to work
- Reliable and fast monthly payment – in EUR or USD, as you prefer
- Support of career development and education
- Full integration into our teams and invitation for our team events in Germany
- If you want, possibility to relocate to Germany after some years of a great collaboration
What do we do?
The Data Virtuality Platform enables organizations to instantly access data sources in real-time and provide all their data for analysis with any BI tool. It acts as an intelligent data hub that connects all systems and applications.
By combining data virtualization with automated ETL processes, our customers can save up to 80% of their data integration resources and use them instead of technical implementation for important business-related tasks. Thanks to our own connector development department and a solution engineering department, we are able to react to changing market requirements at any time and offer our customers a comprehensive and individual service.
Besides the Data Virtuality Platform, we offer with our product DataVirtuality Pipes a self-service tool for simple data integration. Even without extensive knowledge drag and drop data can be moved. Another advantage: Pipes grows flexibly with you and your increasing data volumes.
Perspectives for the future
With Pipes and our Data Virtuality Platform, our product portfolio offers solutions ranging from simple use cases for BI starters to complex data infrastructures for large corporations. Thanks to the great flexibility of Data Virtuality, companies of all ages and sizes can implement and adapt the necessary data architecture at any time. Because we grow with our customers!
Therefore we are looking forward to an exciting future and are constantly looking for new team members for all departments!
Would you like to become part of our team? We would be very happy about that!
The Tech Stack
- Backend: J2EE application running in a JBoss/WildFly container. It offers the possibility to connect to any kind of data source (databases, web services, text files, etc.) and to query data by using SQL. Persistence layers and internal configurations are delegated to Hibernate.
- Frontend (Desktop): Desktop Application based on Eclipse RCP
- Frontend (Web): several Web applications based on Angular
- Operating System: Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOs
- Languages: Java, C, C++, TypeScript, SQL, XML
- Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse, Exasol, Teradata, Vertica, etc.
- Others: Web Services, JDBC, ODBC, REST
- IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Netbeans
- Framework: Eclipse Rich Client Platform, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, Angular, JQuery
- Application Servers: JBoss, WildFly, Tomcat
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Development, Building, Versioning tools: Maven, Ant, SVN, Git
- Dev and CI tools: Jira, FishEye, Crucible, Confluence, Jenkins
- Virtualization and Containers: VirtualBox, VMware, Docker, Vagrant